Whether it's your dream home, a tourist operation or developing a regional or national development strategy that's sustainable, this guide provides resources for individuals, businesses, communities and governments at all levels.
From your home and office through to commercial projects and undertakings of regional and national significance, incorporating environmentally friendly and sustainable development design, planning and management strategies for the natural and built environments is a win-win situation.
Elements Society New is a not-profit organization registered in British Columbia and Alberta, ... that delivers programs that inspire students to show their leadership through action-oriented sustainability projects in their schools, homes and communities.
The Your Energy Savings Information for Households; "Practical advice to reduce your home energy bills." Businesses; "Advice to manage your business energy costs", and Government priorities; "Learn more about what the Australian Government is doing."
Your Home "is your guide to building, buying or renovating a home. It shows how to create a comfortable home with low impact on the environment – economical to run, healthier to live in and adaptable to your changing needs." Get all you need from the web site, or purchase the hard copy.
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals New "The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development is made up of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – a roadmap for global development efforts to 2030 and beyond and the Addis Ababa Action Agenda on Financing for Development – a global plan for financing the Sustainable Development Goals."
Cops This was compulsive
TV viewing, with presenters
victims.... er volunteers, a load of simple, practical and easy changes that saved money and in all cases, reduced their household carbon emissions by more than 50% (without sacrificing their lifestyles), and you can too!
- War On Waste AU Updated url. An update on the Carbon Cops theme. Craig Reucassel returns for a 2nd series of the landmark series that sparked action across the nation. Craig targets plastic water bottles, straws, e-waste, fast furniture, food waste and the recycling crisis. #WarOnWasteAU
- ecoBiz Queensland Updated url "ecoBiz is a free program for small to medium businesses, funded by the Queensland Government. With the help of an ecoBiz expert, you will be able to develop an action plan to help your businesses save money and increase efficiencies. With over 1000 businesses registered from all over Queensland, 90% of businesses recorded an increase in productivity and savings."
- Greenfleet "Greenfleet's policy is to plant trees to create forests in areas of enviornmental concern, putting back the mix of native species that had been there originally. The trees are propagated from seed collected in the local area to provide maximum ecological benefits - reducing salinity and soil erosion, and providing essential habitat for native species. The majority of our plantings occur in winter because the rains help to get the trees off to a good start." An environmentlly friendly, ecologically restorative, feelgood way to offset your emissions from car, home and aircraft use.
- Toohey Forest Environmental Education Centre Updated url is staffed by a combination of specialist primary and secondary teachers, with years of experience in delivering educational programs that meet the requirements of the Australian Curriculum (Science and Geography) and select Queensland senior syllabuses. The centre provides a range of day visit programs to students ranging from Prep to year 12. Program themes include: Australian flora and fauna / Biodiversity / Ecology, Catchment Health / Water Quality Monitoring, Sustainability / Energy / Waste, Human Impact Studies.
- Sustainable House Michael Mobbs has been living in his own Sustainable House in inner city Sydney since 1996.
- Planet Ark "Our programs are designed to help us all make a difference to our natural world through positive environmental actions. Whether you're planting trees, learning how to reduce your waste or finding a recycling solution near you, all of our collective actions can have a big impact". Also Planet Ark news Updated url
- Your Home "is a suite of guides for home buyers and renovators to encourage the design, construction or renovation of homes to be comfortable, healthy and more environmentally sustainable."
- "Hotel Carbon Measurement Initiative (HCMI) New is a methodology and free tool for hotels to calculate the carbon footprint of hotel stays and meetings in their properties." Comprehensive, complex, and for smaller operators, aspirational. But if you've got the Human Resosurces to manage it, go for it.
- "Sustainable Travel International is committed to working with governments, companies, NGOs, and communities to support and help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals. For thirteen years, we have been developing, testing, and sharing our inclusive methodologies, tools and knowledge to enable self-directed sustainability for the travel and tourism industry."
- EcoBusinessLinks Environmental Directory US based. "Looking for organic food, cheap solar energy, a sustainable house, organic cotton, a vegetarian date, an organic farm, a sustainable community or eco products?" Simple table based, fast loading design to manufacturers, retailers and organisations worldwide (with focus on USA), that can supply environmentally friendly goods and services, as well as links to important regional and global resources.
- Elements Society New is a not-profit organization registered in British Columbia and Alberta, ... that delivers programs that inspire students to show their leadership through action-oriented sustainability projects in their schools, homes and communities.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Updated url "is a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and welfare of all Earth’s inhabitants. Through supporting innovative projects and partnering with leading environmental organizations, the foundation works to find long-term solutions to environmental problems so that future generations can inherit a healthy planet."
- Rocky Mountain Institute "Transforming the global energy system to secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all."
- SustainableBusiness.com "We Help Green Businesses Grow. Sustainable businesses offer products and services that fulfill society's needs while contributing to the well-being of all earth's inhabitants."
- CivicWell Updated url is a nonprofit supporting sustainable policies and the leaders and communities that implement them. We inspire, equip, connect, and cultivate civic leadership for local innovation and community change."
- Vancouver Electric Vehicle Association Updated url "VEVA started meeting in 1985 and formed as a non-profit society in 1987 to promote the development of clean alternative transportation with a focus on Electric Vehicles." Great resources, on an updated web site.
The Big Volcano Ecotourism Resource Centre (ERC) provides content free of charge, so that visitors, residents, businesses, students and teachers can access our resources.
Our site also includes advertising and affiliate links to products and services that you can buy online (at no extra cost to you).
If you visit a web site via an ad link, or make a purchase via an affiliate link, we get a small cut of the revenue. (Thank you.) By doing this, you help us to continue to deliver these resources to you, for free.